September 9, 2011

Block-tastic!

My alternative title was 'Jenna from The Block' - bad I know :)

The Block 2011 has just finished in New Zealand. I have never got into The Block before, I don't think it was shown in the UK; now I'm totally hooked!

My favourite design style was that of Josh & Jenna. I love how they totally brought it with quirky vintage pieces and an eclectic mix of styles, it made their house shine for me.

So I thought I'd share with you my highlights!

The front bedroom
This was definitely my favourite room
I love the colours

and mix of styles 




just gorgeous!
Helped by the fact that I LOVE an iron bedhead :)
Bedroom Two
a relaxed funky vibe
I love stacked suit cases, I have them in the shop and in the hall at home!
love the vintage map

the overall feel is clean, modern and fun, with the vintage touches giving it great interest
The Master Bedroom
I didn't love this room as much, but still think they did a great job.


gorgeous details

again vintage accessories, give it interest

the beautiful ensuite, with combined wet area - v clever use of a small space

lovely bath
The Living Room
The original room they designed was very retro funky, but it didn't quite work
so they re-did it, but I think they blanded it down a bit too far. The back wall
really needs an punch of colour - big print or feature wall would have been great.

I think the dining area was the most successful part of the kitchen/living space

great choice of furniture and print

the light fitting was pretty rockin too


my fav stools - yummy Tolix

some great vintage prints on the wall

I like that they followed this theme throughout the house
The exterior came up very well
great use of layered trees

the citrus trees are wonderful and will only get better as they grown


I love espaliered trees - this is an olive!

beautiful outdoor entertaining area
Well now I'm ready for The Block 2012! :)

Thanks to Channel 9 for the pics

2 comments:

  1. I love the Block too and agree with you on Josh and Jenna's style! - super cool! they now have their own design company ... www.bickerdesignco.com.au and you can follow them on Facebook :O)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel

    Thanks for your comment and reading the h&g blog :)

    I have checked out their website and fb page, such a clever name... ;) I think they will do well, we will watch their progress with interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!